Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Red Sox Won!

The sox won there season opener in Japan against the A's, yeah! I'm not a huge fan, but I do try and follow the team so I have something to talk about with my co-workers and I run bus trips to Fenway a few times a year. So, its nice to at least know who the players are!

I was speechless the first time I went to Fenway Park. It was amazing! It was a few summers ago when it was brought up that we should run bus trips to see the Red Sox. It was right after they won the world series for the first time. That year, we only ran one trip to test the waters.

But while I was there, I bought a Red Sox shirt so I can blend in with the other fans for future trips (since the first one was such a hit, I knew there would be other trips in my future). I had my first Fenway Frank (oh, yummy a definite must when you are at the ball park). Then I polished off a bag of peanuts and a soda. It was so much fun. Then I get home and my husband sees the tee-shirt and tells me I'm on the band wagon. Oh, here we go.

Let me explain about my husband. He H.A.T.E.S. the Red Sox with a passion. He cannot stand any New England team, especially when they are winning. I don't know exactly why, but its something about "all the band wagoners around here" he tells me. So, of course I get accused of being on the band wagon when I really wasn't, but oh well. Its something I deal with when its game time for work since I'm the trip coordinator and have to go on most trips.

But oh, well. Its still fun to rattle his cage when ever they win or when I get ready to go on trip. And good luck to the Red Sox!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is not any fun to agree on everything! A little healthy competition keeps things interesting at times. Congrats on the win!