Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Special Club

Since becoming a mommy, it feels like I'm in a special members only club. It never dawned on me until I actually added "mommy" to my name.

I feel specially bonded to other mothers who have been in my position and those who are newer at this whole mommy thing then I am.

I can't believe I've been a mom for almost 6 weeks (on Thursday, it'll be 6 weeks) and it feels like I've learned and experienced years of knowledge. I know there is so much more to learn too!

When I'm out and about, I have a brief connection with other women (strangers) who walk by us who are mothers. They look at the carriage with Drew all nestled inside, then they look at me with a smile on their face with acknowledgement, almost like we are in a special club for mommy's. I smile back with the same passion and tenderness that these women briefly show to me. Its the neatest, weirdest and amazing thing that happens between two mothers, without saying a word. We just know what it feels like and what each other is going through.

I wouldn't trade in my membership for the world!

2 comments:

Cherish said...

I know exactly what you are talking about. It's just like a secret club and all it takes is that look between mothers that communicates their shared membership.

Blog Team said...

And those looks from a mom who has past the stage you are at - knowing what you are going through right now! (Or maybe missing that stage?)