Friday, May 22, 2009

Do you miss it?

The other day, while we were sitting in the Cheesecake Factory Restaurant (eating cheesecake of course), a pregnant women walking past the table.

My mom looked at the women, who appeared to be out for one last time with her girlfriends before the baby arrived, and then she looked at me saying "Wow, she looks like she will have the baby any day now". Then she asks me "Aren't you glad those days are over?"


I thought for a second to myself and answered her, "Actually no. Yes, I was uncomfortable at times but I really enjoyed being pregnant." Its true. I really did. Yes, I have a beautiful little boy that I can hold in my arms now, but I really did enjoy having him in my belly. It was a blessing.


I don't know if it was the long road Jeff and I had to endure before we found out about Drew or I was enjoying myself knowing that this is most likely my last time being pregnant or the time of year (not dealing with the hot, humid weather). I'm not sure, but I do know it was a wonderful experience from the moment the pregnancy stick said yes (yeah, it really said "yes" rather then two lines) to the first time I held him in my arms.

1 comment:

Cherish said...

I always have a few moments where I miss the feeling of anticipation but over all, I really dislike being pregnant and Im usually glad its over.