Monday, April 26, 2010

Sip, Sip, Blow

My son has mastered next skill that will come in handy throughout his life and that is to sip through a straw. Not only sipping through a straw has he learned, but blowing back through the straw to create an air pocket into the juice box. Nice!

The other night, while we were all sitting at the dinner table Drew starting making his thirsty sound. It sounds like a quick suck in sound when you put your lips together, almost like you are taking in a quick sip on a straw (how ironic, I know). I looked around the table and notice he was looking at my Capri Sun box juice (left overs from the big birthday party at my Aunts house). So, I thought to myself, what the heck, lets give this a try.


As I was putting the straw to his mouth, I made the quick sip through a straw sound so he may know what to do with the straw in his mouth. As soon as that straw was between his lips, he sucked the juice into his mouth. He looked at me with the expression, what the heck was that?!?! He took a few sips and then decided to blow air back into the juice box and blew bubbles. I'm so happy he couldn't see what he was doing with the bubbles since I know it would have been all done at that moment.


So, I am proud to announce that Drew can use a straw while someone is holding the cup and the straw. Its a different adventure if you let him home the cup with the straw, but someday I'm sure he'll master that too!

No comments: