Thursday, April 15, 2010

One Year Ago


One year ago, I was huge. I was starting to become a little uncomfortable in the mornings while I climbed out of bed. My ankles and feet had swelled up a few weeks before and it was getting difficult to put my shoes on. Other then that, I was loving my pregnancy.
It was 2 weeks until Drew's due date. In my mind, there was so much to do, in so little time left. I wanted things organized and put together before the due date arrived. Pretty much everything was done, but a few things had to be assembled and that was about it. I was asking Jeff all week (it was a Weds) to put the baby's swing together. His response was "we have plenty of time to do those things". My response, "please do it"!
That Wednesday was a normal work day. I went through my normal routine, went to work and coordinated a visit with my cousin Christina and her son Sebastian with my mom tagging along. It was a pretty normal thing we did on Wednesdays at the time. I climbed the 3 flights of stairs to her apartment with no worries. We had a nice visit with Christina talking about her labor stories that took place 7 months prior. My mom also snapped my last picture of me being pregnant (yes, the lovely picture here telling my mom through eye contact to please knock it off).
We soon left my cousins house and I dropped my mom off at her house. I came home to a baby swing put together in the living room by my husband. He was so proud of himself that he took care of this so soon. We went to bed not knowing that the next day would change our lives forever!

1 comment:

Starry-Eyes said...

You looked beautiful!! :)