Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Our Little One's Update

I will be 5 months/20 weeks pregnant on Wednesday. I've been taking this pregnancy day by day, but I can't believe I'm already this far along. Wow, time certainly flys by.

I've felt our little one too! The first time was the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. I was driving home from work and I thought I felt something but wasn't too sure. Then while we were sitting in the airport, I felt the same sensation, but a little stronger. I knew for sure it was the baby. Its been so great to feel the baby! That following Saturday, Jeff was able to feel little kicks too. He just smiled with pride. Since then though the little one has been teasing Jeff. The baby would start to thump and then stop as soon as Jeff put his hand on my belly. He gets a little frustrated, but he's still in good spirits.


We find out on Thursday if we are having a boy or girl. I don't have a preference with what we have, as long as the baby is healthy. I will be so happy to stop calling the baby by generic terms (like baby, the little one or sometimes even it) and able to call the little one by he or she. Then eventually by name. Oh, I can't wait! I'll make sure to share the wonderful news too!


As for me, I've been feeling pretty good. There are a few uncomfortable things my body is going through, but its all worth it. My back is becoming more sore by the day, my left hip hurts from sleeping on it so much and I noticed my feet get tired faster. Other then that, my energy is good, my appetite is healthy and for the most part I'm in a great mood (until those hormones take over and then watch out).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to hear that everything is going so well...time sure does fly by! I can't imagine how exciting it must be to feel your baby move for the first time or the anticipation to find out if you are having a boy or girl!!! I look forward to hearing more about it all!!! HUGS! Amy

The Sweet Family said...

I cannot believe you are half way there already!

I will be (not so) patiently waiting to hear if it is a BOY or GIRL!

Take care~