Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Motor Mouth

This author has written several novels. I first was introduced to her with the Stephanie Plum series that she wrote about a female bounty hunter who just keeps getting herself into trouble. Those books were written well and very easy to read.

So, when I noticed this book on the Summer Suggestion Read Table (yeah, I know I'm a little late on the season) I figured I'd pick it up since I liked her writing style.

This novel is about a NASCAR driver and spotter team who find themselves in a heap of trouble with the law and with another NASCAR team.

The main character Alexandra Barnaby has a gut feeling that the team that won the championship was cheating. She decided to conduct an undercover investigation herself (with some friends) and she finds out that the winning team has more of an issue then cheating to win, they are connected to murder. But, as she tries to figure out what to do about the body the crew found, they are faced with multiple counts of grand theft auto.

Its just a easy, action around every corner type of book. You don't have to be a NASCAR fan to read the book either. Definitely a good find!

No comments: