Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Life's Questions

I'm sure everyone of us in our life time have heard THOSE life questions. You know, the ones asked by an older relative (like a grandmother or aunt) wanting to know what is going to be your next step in life.


I heard one the other day, actually on Christmas day, by my Grandmother. She asked me and it caught me off guard since I wasn't expecting to hear her question until far into the future since I am caring my first child and I'm going onto my 23rd week.



Grandma nonchalantly walked over to me while I'm standing in the tornado of my extended family's Christmas and she asked me "Are you going to have any more babies?". Um, I was hoping to get through caring this child and making it through labor first before anyone was going to ask me that question. But, I didn't want to be rude and I just explained that for now we are only planning on having one child with our financial situation and we do have Zack. I'm not sure if that's the answer she was looking for, but she just shook her head and said that sounds lovely.



I guess I'll just add that to the list of life questions asked by the extended family that I've heard so far. The other one's on the list are:



What are you going to do after High School?
What college are you going to?
Do you have a boyfriend yet?
Are you going to get married?
Are you going to buy a house?
Are you going to have kids?
And now-
Are you going to have any more kids?


I'm sure I've missed a few for the list, but you gotta love the family you've been given. Right?

No comments: