Monday, December 8, 2008

Our First Snow

I woke up yesterday morning to our first official snow. We've had our freezing rain and sleet with the occasional flake fall from the sky this season, but nothing too accumulating. It wasn't much, but enough to cover the ground and have a nice white blanket on everything around. I figured after looking out the window that we didn't get much since I could still see blades of grass poking through the white stuff on the ground.

I like having snow around this time of year. It helps welcome the holiday season with that magical feeling more then if we didn't have any. My feeling is this, let the snow fall from now until around New Years and then that's it. After the new year, bring on the warm weather. But, I know that's not going to happen!

It was still nice to see that first fallen snow, regardless knowing its the first of many this year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the first snow...it is so wonderful when it falls before x-mas too b/c it totally puts you in the spirit. I was out shopping with my bf on Saturday and it was snowing...so pretty!

Smiles,
Amy

Kellan said...

Oh, I agree - snow makes Christmas coming so much more fun! I love the snow pictures - I'm so jealous! Enjoy! Kellan

Brooke said...

Rub it in why don't you!! :b I miss snow so I am super jealous.