Monday, September 29, 2008

Shopping for a Princess

Yesterday, I was in the mood to do something, but I wasn't sure what I wanted to actually do. I'm sure you've had that kind of day and it can be a little tiresome trying to think of something to do. First,I figured I would go to the local grocery store and cash in all my change (in the Coin-Star machine).

I hit the jackpot! I haven't cashed in my change since before vacation time, 2 summers ago. So, I picked a few things up at the grocery store, but after I got home I still had the urge to do something. Jeff didn't want to do much and my FIL was out cruising the town on his bike.

So, after lunch I decided to go birthday shopping for Ally. I know her birthday isn't until 11/2, but I had little extra coin in my pocket and I was looking for something to do! So, I hopped in the van and headed to the closest Toys R Us to check things out.

I browsed the whole store. It ended up being between pink playschool golf set or anything Princess. I went down pepto pink isle of Princess Land and figured out she would like something in this genera. I know she would love anything from us, but its just makes it special when you see that look of amazement when she opens her presents, like it was the best thing in the world!

The potential golf set (except in pink) but Princess stuff won this year

I couldn't remember which Disney Princess what her favorite at the time, but also I knew that could change by the time her birthday rolled around. So, I decided to buy dress-up stuff. Ally is starting to get into that sort of thing right now so I thought it was perfect. So, our little Princess will get an Ultimate Princess Dress-Up Set





and a Princess Dance-Along Studio (it has a floor mat to show her dance moves, DVD & magic wand). She can use her new dress-up clothes to dress up like a Princess while she learns the moves!



Now, I can't wait for her birthday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how fun! I'm sure that Ally is just going to love it and I bet that you will get that "face lit up" reaction that you referred to. I bet you are going to have trouble waiting a month to give it to her...I know I would. Smiles to a special aunt :)

Amy

floreksa said...

She's gonna flip for it!!! :)

For some reason, right now her favorite is Snow White and Ariel.

Kellan said...

So fun to shop and buy little girl stuff! Alexis loves (still) dress-up and always loved all the princess stuff.

Take care - Kellan

Anonymous said...

The outfits are so princess like. That are just too cute!