Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Discounted Vera Bradley

I love Vera Bradley bags and accessories. I don't know why, but I just do. When ever I see a store that has a piece on display, it sucks me right in. I can't afford the products, but it doesn't cost anything to look right!

I've only purchased one thing at full price, but it was a gift to myself. Its a small duffel bag I use ALL the time for travel. It fits perfectly under an airline seat in the under seat compartment and fits great between my vans front seats. So, I use it to carry all kinds of stuff while on the road.

As for all the other pieces I own, I've purchased at a super discounted price thanks to my co-worker Char's SIL. Her SIL works at a local candle shop that sells all kinds of Vera merchandise. She purchases the items at a discount price from her store and when she is done with the pattern, her SIL has a cheap tag sale to make room for the new designs. Who cares if they patterns are "old" or sometimes retired, what matters to me is the discounted price! Also, they are always it great condition and still smell like the candle shop (added bonus).

Coin Purse, usually $14, purchased for $1. The round bag I couldn't find but I purchased it for Ally for $1.

Today was one of those days at work. Char and I spread everything all over her desk and I got to pick and choose what I wanted. The best thing was, everything that she was on display was under $10. I made out like a bandit! Some of the items I don't need, but its good to have a cosmetic bag hanging around for something! Also, I got a little something for Ally too!

The smaller cosmetic bag, usually $30 purchased today for $1. The larger bag usually $34, purchased today for $2.
Sometimes there are items still with the original price tags on it, so things can be bought cheap and then given as a gift with no one to know that they payed only dollars for the bag. These sales only come around about every 6 months, so its so exciting when Char announces she will be bringing in some Vera merchandise. Yeah for us!


Tote handbag, usually $46, purchased today for $5.
Some of Vera's patterns are out of control, but Char's SIL has good taste so most of the time the hardest decision is, what do I need or want!

Jeff doesn't get the whole Vera craze. Every time he see's an unusual pattern he says, it must be a Vera Bradley bag since its ugly. Most of the time he has spotted an original pattern (rather then a knock-off), but I never can agree with him. I just elbow him and say cut it out, I like it! Oh well!
Now I can't wait for the next sale to come around!

2 comments:

The Sweet Family said...

I have to side with Jeff, I think these are so ugly! They remind me of a HomeEc project!

But, you did get some outrageous deals! SCORE!

Weirder yet, a coworker and I just talked about these bags yesterday! SPOOKY huh?

Anonymous said...

LOL! I do like them...the receptionist at my old job made fun of me EVERY DAY I walked in the door with one...so I changed things up, BUT I do have some larger bags that I always use for travel or as my beach bag :) I say good taste woman!

Amy