Friday, September 19, 2008

Jeff Dunham Show

Last night, Jeff and I celebrated his birthday present. I know, those who read often know that Jeff's birthday is in July, but his birthday present was tickets to the comedian Jeff Dunham Spark of Insanity Show.

Jeff Dunham is the ventriloquist (that's a hard word to spell, thank goodness for spellcheck!) comedian who is hilarious. He's been on Comedy Central several times. Actually, we watch him when ever we notice he's on TV. This is what sparked my interest when I found out he was going to be in our area.


I was going to tell Jeff that he was coming and let him make the call if we go see him or not, but then I realized that I didn't know what to get him for his birthday. The tickets went on sale several weeks before his big day, so I decided to purchase the tickets and give them as a gift. Presto! The perfect gift!


So, last night was the show. There was an opening act who was hilarious. I don't remember his name, but he kept referring to himself as the guitar guy. I guess he's all over youtube. But, he was a good opening act. He got the audience laughing and ready for the headliner.


Jeff Dunham was so funny. He even made himself crack up, but the amazing thing was, he would look like he was starting to laugh but the puppet would still be talking. How the heck did he do that?!?!? He was on for about an hour and half and making everyone laugh for the whole time. Also, the guitar guy would come out and assist. Jeff Dunham was working on matireal for his Christmas Special, so he needed Christmas music for some of the acts!

It was such a great show. It wasn't a real family friendly show, more for the adults (just a heads-up), but it was so much fun. I'd definitely go see him again if he comes back to the area.

3 comments:

The Sweet Family said...

You and I are always on track, I know we are soul sisters hehehe!

A coworker kept telling me about Jeff Dunham and I finally caught it on Comedy Central and OMG, our new line at work and at home, "Silence - I kill you" - aka: The Terroists Bomber guy. TOO funny!!!

Glad you had fun. Hubby and I are going on a date to see Ron White and I cannot wait!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh - how cool! What a great birthday gift...it is like the gift that keeps on giving!

Glad ya'll had a good time!

Amy

Brooke said...

I love him...he is so funny!