Sunday, March 28, 2010

If you build it, they will come!

That's right, I did some building this weekend. I haven't done this type of construction in some time, but it didn't turn out so bad (at least to Drew's perspective at least).

I built a fort for my little Drew! He discovered the corner in his room, behind his rocker. I'm sure the biggest draw is the dual windows to the outside. He loves to look outside!!

Yesterday he was spending a lot of time back there, so I cleaned it up (you know, those pesky dust bunnies) and made sure the area was up to par for him to be back there.

Today, I had the brilliant idea to build him his little hiding place. Drew was sitting on the floor, watching his mommy hang his blankets with close pins to his curtains and loved it! I think he loved being back there even more. He had books, a blanket and the colander that ended up in his room (I don't ask anymore). I also had a door of sorts with his boppy pillow. I was so proud! And he was having a blast, until he got bored and wandered into the kitchen to see what he could get into out there! But, it was fun while it lasted!


No comments: