Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Ok Already

Its voting day in Massachusetts today. Its a special vote for the late Edward Kennedy senator's seat. On today's ballot its just to vote for the next senator to fill his "seat" and nothing else. No questions, nothing just to pick the next senator.

And let me tell you, I can't be happier it will be over shortly. Its nothing about the political side of things, its just the ruthless acts of the candidates. Its not really all of them (there are three) but between two, Brown and Coakley (the third candidate is Joe Kennedy). They are bickering at one another on commercials and radio ads. They go back and forth, one commercial is for Brown, the other is for Coakley, all saying how bad the other one is. This has been going on for a few weeks now. And its not just one each, its several between the two in one commercial session.


Then, the past few days, its been non-stop with phone calls. Its not even this bad with local elections or even the presidential elections. It went over the top yesterday for the two main candidate "camps". Between them all, we received 8 phone calls pushing for "their" candidate within a short amount of time. Enough already! Stop harassing me!! I know there is an election and I already know who I was going to vote for, so stop trying to pressure me! As it was, I had the day off and I was trying to rest and the darn phone kept ringing! Don't they know it was a holiday??!!


Well anyway, the election will be over this evening, and I couldn't be happier, it just seemed to be more catty this election then past years. Its just so childish to see our commonwealth leaders act that way and be able to represent the common people on our issues. Sigh!!

No comments: