Friday, October 23, 2009

You Are My Sunshine

Drew comes from a long line of artists. His Grammie dabbles in painting, photography, film making and what ever else she can get her hands on.

I like to do my share of arts & crafts (not so much these days, but in my time before the munchkin). And takes lots of photos (I don't know if you go that already).

His daddy & grandpy like to assemble and paint model cars. The models after real fast cars.

So, its just right that he loved painting for the first time at "school" a few weeks ago. I love it that his teacher was able to capture a few photo's for us to document this adventure.

At first, he was a little timid. This stuff is all new to him. He didn't know if he should play or not with this wet, cold stuff.


But after some time, watch out. Paint was everywhere!! It was all over him (hands, fingernails, face and hair), his smock and tray. He had a blast and I didn't mind one bit that he was a little dirtier that day when I picked him up.


Drew made his first sunshine! Its hanging on our fridge at home, right in the middle so everyone can see his first work of art.
In the mean time, he made a pumpkin at school and loved making a mess (I mean painting) just like he did when he made his sunshine. He even curled the stem to make it all his. I asked the teacher if it was because he was trying to eat the paper? She said no, he was just amazed at how the paper crinkled and made funny noises when he played with it.
I'm so proud of my little artist! I can't wait to see what he'll make next!!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

how cute!!! That does it!! I am going to buy paint tomorrow! Evidently , I am behind.