Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Phew! It was a success!!

The other day, I dropped Drew off at "school". It was tough seeing my little boy being handed over to someone I just met. Grammie was with me, since she had to approve of the situation. As we both drove off that morning, we sat in near silence thinking about what just happened. When I dropped her off at her building on campus, she was emotional and so was I.

I called at lunch to check in on the little guy. Miss Stephanie said he was doing great and reported back to me what he ate, his nap schedule and how he was playing. Its sounded really positive and eased my anxiety tremendously. I was so worried he would fuss the whole time and make it miserable for everyone, but my worries were turned to a positive sigh of relief after I spoke to his "teacher".

When Grammie and myself picked little Drew up at the end of the day, he was in a bouncy stationary toy having a blast. His little toes were pushing hard to make the toy bounce since he was just tall enough to touch the floor. When I saw him I said "Hi sweat heart!" and he glanced in my direction, then went right back to the toy. Yeah, I should have felt a little sad that he wanted to play with the toy more then see me, but it was such a positive situation to see him enjoying himself that way. Phew!! It appeared to have been a successful day and after receiving his feedback of the day, it definitely was!

Also, that night when he got home, he was exhausted! He still didn't sleep through the night, but it was very easy getting him to go to bed (not that it usually is, its just sometimes it takes a little longer). So, this is a great thing! He gets to play with new toys, socialize and be in a energizing environment when he isn't with Grammie.

1 comment:

Deleted said...

I don't know how you are able to do it, but this post made going to daycare so fun :)
I can't say I would be able to just drop Rachel off to a daycare, especially now that I have spent this long with her alone, maybe when she was littler and I did it right away I'd feel better but the longer you wait the harder it is .. lol. Hope it's nothing but good things coming from daycare for you :)
Keep us updated on the report ;)