Friday, October 24, 2008

Price Check

Has the gas prices in your area fallen? Our surly have! The lowest fuel cost I saw today was $2.39 a gallen for regular at a little rinky-dink station by my house that competes with the big Sunoco, but other stations average $2.42. The price in our area was well over $3.00 (I can't remember the exact price since I've blocked it out).

I'm happy that the prices are going down, but the damage is done. The price of food, heating oil, clothes and pretty much everything has sky rocketed because of the rising fuel costs. I seriously dought those prices of everything will adjust to the lowering fuel costs we are experiencing now.

Also, it makes you wonder why the prices are falling. Is it because of the upcoming elections? Is it because of the scary economic crisis? Or is the government hearing the cries of the average Americans (and fellow countries) that we are all hurting here and need some relief?

What are your thoughts? And are you experiencing some fuel cost relief? I hope so!

2 comments:

Cherish said...

Gas is down here but we measure it differently and I do not know the conversion ratio. Either way, when I filled up yesterday it was $1.12/litre so it cost me about $45.00. I also use a points card that gives me an extra 2 cents off of every litre. Gas prices here have hit $1.50/litre so this is quite a difference. Although back when I started driving, it was crazy to think that the current $0.50/litre would ever hit the $1 mark, and now we've way past it! Enjoy the little bit of relief!

Kellan said...

I'm so glad the gas prices are down too - but it is so confusing! I just hope they stay that way!

Have a good weekend - Kellan