Monday, October 13, 2008

Columbus Day

Around here, Columbus Day is an odd holiday. I don't mean because of the person the holiday represents, but the way some things are open and other things are closed.

Today, we don't have our mail delivered, our bank accounts aren't updated until tomorrow, we can't visit our local libraries and kindergarten through high school kids have it off. Also, some private companies gave their employees the day off too.

But, if you want to go shopping, buy liquor, sit in a bar, watch your stocks rise and fall (mostly fall), feel free to do so. Its like a normal day for that!

Since I work at a private college, guess who is working!?!?! Me! But, today and tomorrow is considered mid-semester break for the students, so it should be quite. A nice day to catch up on some work at a leisurely pace.

But, Jeff and my FIL have the day off. That is the only thing that stinks. I'm at work while they are off joy riding on there motorcycles (uust picture me sticking my tongue out at them while I type!). But there will be other days that I have the day off and they don't (now picture me with a great big Kool-Aid smile on my face).

Well, what ever you have planned for today, enjoy your day off or maybe your quite day at work!

4 comments:

floreksa said...

I'm here working too..

Cherish said...

well its thanksgiving here in Canada so we all have the day off (mostly). We are heading over to my brother's house later for turkey with my whole family. Thats 17 people in a not so big house...fun times!

Anonymous said...

I'm at work as well today...would have been nice to be off for sure, but it is also nice to be here and have it be quiet! Enjoy the slower days at works today and tomorrow :) Hugs! Amy

Kellan said...

I baby sat 7 kids yesterday and made soup and 2 loaves of banana bread - nothing all that fun over here. My husband worked and so it wasn't a 3 day weekend we could do much with.

Have a good evening - see you soon, Amanda - Kellan