Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Possible Side Effects

This book was just another memoir for Augusten Burroughs, but in short story form. Some of the stories I had wished they would just give a little bit more information rather then just leaving you hanging and others were just right.

I wish I remembered as much detail as he could from my childhood, adolescence and beyond. Just like his previous novels, he shares in great detail about all of his challenges, adventures and mischief that he comes across in his life time. What I found interesting is the notation of locations he talked about since he grew up in the Northampton/Amherst area (which is right down the road from me) and just to see his interpretation of experiences were intriguing in those areas.

Also, I didn't notice the extra finger on the cover photo until I was half way through the book. Is there something wrong with me?

But, If you like short stories and you are drawn to Augusten's story telling, I'd definitely recommend this book. I really like his writing style regardless if part of his stories are fabricated or not, he makes things interesting.

No comments: