Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Boys just don't understand!

Well, I shouldn't assume all boys, just the two that I live with......Jeff and my FIL.

I know that they have to deal with alot from me with my mood swings, food aversions, food I have to avoid and being so tired. But, they also have to understand that I can't help any of it! I'm growing a baby!

What frustrates me is, once one of them gets frustrated, they take it out on me. Just verbally stating their minds and not believing that I have no control over things I can't eat or be around. Most of it comes from my FIL and Jeff just feeds off of it at times and it can get a little annoying.

Let me give you the most recent example-

Sunday my FIL and I were grocery shopping. We walked down the cleaning products isle and he asked if the main floor toilet needed a new bleach tab. I told him, lets skip it for awhile because of the smell. I can smell it and its not good for me to be around. He just sucked in his breath hard and said in a frustrated tone "Then it just won't be cleaned" and huff and puffed down the isle while I stood there shaking my head (now I'm not the only one in the house who could clean, but that's a different story). I explained to him that I do clean the bathroom, but without the harsh chemicals. That seemed to calm him done for a little while.

Then after we got home, sometime after lunch, I can't remember how it all started but Jeff and my FIL were feeding off each other with how I can't cook spaghetti sauce anymore (since it makes me gag), how my FIL things my nausea it all in my head, how I'm tired all the time and how I can't eat this and that and so on.

I just looked at my FIL and asked how long ago did you have kids? I reminded him that he started having kids over 30 years ago and things were EXTREMELY different then, compared to now. But I've used that line several times and its getting a little old. He is just old and stuck in his ways.

Its just frustrating when I've got double trouble under the same roof when there isn't a whole lot I have control over while being pregnant. I hope it won't be a long 6 months!

5 comments:

Cherish said...

Thats sucks! Pregnancy really messes with me so I understand exactly where you are coming from. People always seemed annoyed by my issues but they never said anything. Hang in there, the second trimester is much easier.

The Sweet Family said...

WOW, you are in between a ROCK and a HARD place. I would just remind your FIL that all pregnancies are different and though you hate that you are having a tough time with smells, but he will just have to be patient and before he knows it, much will come back together with a beautiful child/grandchild to show for all of your struggles!

Brooke said...

I think you need to leave some nursing home brochures around the house...then maybe he will get the picture!!! haha

floreksa said...

Don't suppress the gag reflex next time and just vomit on one of them. Seriously.

I found John believed me much more once I woke him EVERY time I vomited at 1am.

Kellan said...

NOPE - they don't any of them get it. And ... if they were the ones having the babies it would be HORRIBLE for those of us that would have to live with them - HA! I know how you feel - EXACTLY - and believe all of it and feel it is VERY NORMAL!

Take care of yourself - Kellan