Thursday, August 7, 2008

Rain, Rain, Go Away! Please!?!?!

I like rain on most days. Its good on a lazy days when I want to curl up on the coach with a good book or watch movies. Or to help water the garden or grass. Or to cool things off on a hot and muggy day.


But, today I'd rather it not be raining for two reasons. The first reason is my camping gear can't dry off with it laying all over our backyard trying to dry from camping the other day. We've had consistent on and off again showers/storms for most of the day and I can't catch a break (we even had some hail during one of the storms). I laid the gear out this morning since the weather said we would get PM Thunderstorms. I thought the situation was perfect! I could lay everything out during the day and by early evening we would be all set.



So I laid everything out this morning in the bright sunshine. I went out to lunch with my FIL (Jeff and Zack were golfing) and when we came out of the restaurant, it was raining. Ugh! So, that was the beginning of my run outside after the rain, dump all the puddles off the gear then hear rain again tapping on our windows indicated that all of the gear was getting wet AGAIN!



The second reason is, it brought water into our basement again today. It happened about a month ago after a hard, fast rain and we couldn't figure out what had happened. Well today, I was bringing in some of our camping gear to lay out in the basement and noticed that we had puddles in our laundry area. I immediately summoned Jeff and my FIL to check out the issue. We ended up having up to 2 inches of water in some areas and it just go into everything. *Sigh* We figured out it came through our sink near our washer since the street was temporarily flooded from today's heavy rain.



My FIL jumped into action putting some sort of fitting that would allow only out-going water through the pipe. I hope it works and prevent flooding somewhere else in the house. Oh, I hope the rain will end soon! But, it doesn't look like there will be an end in the immediate future since its still raining out there now! *Sigh*

1 comment:

Kellan said...

Oh - I'm sorry about the water in the basement - there's not hardly anything worse than getting water in your house from flooding and such!

Hope it dries up for you soon - have a good weekend - Kellan