Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Back to Reality

Yesterday, I returned to work after a very wonderful vacation. I wasn't looking forward to walking through my office door, seeing my desk covered in paperwork, my desk arranged to other employee's liking (since they tend to sit at my desk when I'm not in) and being asked questions about things that took place while I was out and I have no idea what the heck they are talking about.

So, yesterday I walked through the door to my accumulated paperwork, yup things were moved around and yes I was asked questions that I had no immediate answer too since I was away. Its so predictable sometimes, its frightening.


The only different thing was, I was informed about 15 minutes into my day that there was a mandatory training that the entire department had to attend either today or Thursday on another campus for 10am for two hours. Lovely! I chose to go today, since my wonderful co-worker, Char will be on her vacation starting Thursday so that left today's training for the both of us. We left and had a wonderful drive to and from the other campus while our Office Manager covered the office.


Yeah, I was a little irritated that I had all this stuff on my desk that I had to get through, but the little break in my day was nice on my first day back. It helped the day go by fast.


I do still have a lot to sort through and figure out what happened when I was out, but all-in-all, it was nice to be back in a routine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Back to reality is right! That is always how it is when you return to work :)

Welcome back!