Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Civic Duty

Jeff received his little post card from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts that he is due for Jury Duty on 7/21.

He went to fulfill his civic duty, thinking like all of us, that he'll sit in the jury pool room all morning while watching horrible day time TV and read a book. All this while waiting to be dismissed because no juries were needed that day. Well, it wasn't the case!

I sent Jeff a text message about 1pm yesterday, expecting him to be home relaxing, and kidding around asking him if he's been picked for a jury yet? He wrote back, actually I have. I didn't believe him, so I called him a liar. He responded, no I'm series I'm on a jury until at least Friday.

I think its pretty neat!

So, for the rest of the week, my husband is off to jury duty on an assault and battery case.

2 comments:

floreksa said...

Saw that they threw in a little bomb scare today just to mix it up for him! ;)

Amanda said...

Yeah, he likes to live on the edge!