Monday, November 17, 2008

The Recent Check-Up

The other day was my 16 week check-up. I had to meet another doctor in the practice since when its my day to go in labor, you never know who will be on-call. I was very pleased with the new doctor I met and felt really confident in what we chatted about. Now there's two doctors I know that I will be very comfortable through out my labor in the spring.

As for my apt, that went well too. I've only gained about 6 pounds (which I didn't believe, it feels and looks like I gained more) so far. I chatted with the doctor about holiday foods and if there were any to stay away from? He told me hey, your pregnant eat up. There isn't anything to avoid. I commented and said, bring on the pumpkin pie.


Then he listened for the baby's heartbeat. As soon as he put the little microphone on my belly, the wonderful whoosh sound filled the room. Then he moved the microphone ever so slightly and the sound just got louder. It was music to my ears.


He then asked if we were thinking of names yet. I said we have but nothing too concrete yet since we want to find out what we will be blessed with first. Then we both said at the same time, if the baby cooperates!! Isn't that the truth.


So, my next baby apt is mid-december. I'll have an ultrasound and a followup with the doctor. I can't wait to spread the news if we will be having a little boy or a little girl.

3 comments:

floreksa said...

My guess is girl!

Cherish said...

Oh I cant wait! I can see girl but that might just be because I want one so bad.

That pic is hillarious too!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to find out!!!! How exciting :) I'm so glad your appointment with the new doctor went well too :)


HUGS!
Amy