Friday, January 18, 2008

Winter Mix

If you heard this, what would you think? In the Northeast its a common term used during the winter months. Since I've grown up with this term, I am curious what else it could be used for, so I am letting my imagination run wild.

Let's see, what else..........oh, how about a wonderful concoction of hot chocolate with some tasty alcohol to make things interesting or how about a high school dance on a Friday night in February? Or some sort of musical calibration between two popular musicians?

I don't know what else you would think about when you hear Winter Mix, but I just don't like to hear it when you live in New England and its said on the weather channel. If you don't know what it means, it's a cleaver way to let everyone know that snow, ice and rain are predicted and the weatherman has no idea of the order it will fall or even how much of each we will get.

So, needless to say, in Western Massachusetts we woke up to our version of the Winter Mix. We had snow, ice then lots of rain. I'm just glad we had the snow first so it was easier to remove the ice from my vehicle. But it did make things a little slick during the morning commute.

No comments: