Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Trying to get Knocked Up

So, its been 8 1/2 months since me and my husband have been trying to get pregnant. Its weird how I spent countless years trying to avoid getting pregnant and now that we are faithfully trying, its taking what seems like a long time. I don't know if it feel like we have been trying for years because I want a child of my own and I want it now.

I know it's a little demanding, but I'm married and we want a child together. One would think that since everything in the universe is lined up, it would work. Of course not. Is it the stress in my life (oh, that will be a different story to come later), is the timing off, is it all these gadgets we are using to try and conceive, is it him, is it me? All these questions run through my mind and I just wish that some where in my cycle, between day 28 and 32, there would be a plus sign on a stick.

Its funny to hear the older generations say, oh don't think about while trying to get pregnant? How can we not? The women who are in their 70's never had the ovulation predictor kits, temperature charts or the Internet to assist while trying to get pregnant. So, we decided to try their advise and just wing it and just have fun while getting frisky.

So, keep your fingures crossed that I will get my wish later on this month.

No comments: