Friday, January 25, 2008

History in the Making

Who would have known that I would meet my husband my freshman year of high school in 1993, but not know he really liked me until 2002. In high school we were in the same algebra class, sitting next to each other. We had such a great time during that class. We would pass notes, play paper football and occasionally he would let me cheat off of his tests answers. Our freshman year we did go to the movies once, but nothing more then friendship came about from that year on through our high school career.

Over the years, I would received updates about him and his family from his father. It ended up that his father and I worked at the same company. At one point, his father came to my office and asked me if I was dating someone (he was checking for his son). I was dating someone at the time, but I never forgot about the question.

About a year later, his father was out for a hernia surgery. I mailed him a get well card with a note inside asking if his son was dating anyone. When he did return to work, his father hand delivered his sons cell phone number. About a week later, after getting the correct cell phone number since the original one was wrong, his son and I went on a date. That was in June 2002.

The rest is history. We were engaged in July 2004 and married in February 2006. Just wait until you hear the story about our wedding date!

No comments: