Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Pirates of the Caribbean, Part 3

We watched Pirates of the Caribbean, part 3 and I'm not sure about. My husband hated it, but he hated part 2 too so he felt this way going into it. Let's start at the beginning.......I love part 1. I can watch it over and over again. So, when part 2 came out, I was all about it. We went to the drive-in theater and I was so excited because it was my first time at a drive-in and to see the sequel of a movie I really liked.

Well, I ended up falling asleep (since it was the second movie playing) somewhere in the middle of the movie and we left the drive-in before the end. So, when part 2 came out on DVD, I was able to catch up on the sequel. It wasn't high on my favorite movie list, but it helped explain a lot from part 1 but I enjoyed watching Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow.

So, last night we watched part 3 and I feel a few things were a little out there. The big fight scene was way too long and when it started I felt confused as to what was happening. Only half way through I felt confident that I knew what was going on. I guess I should have watched part 2 again right before watching part 3, but I'm not sure it wouldn't have helped. I don't want to give anything away, but the end has left it wide open for a part 4. I'm pretty sure I will watch part 4 since I'm in this far with the sequels, but I'm not sure if I will enjoy myself. Johnny Depp was still great though!

No comments: