Thursday, January 24, 2008

Rec Center Volleyball

There's nothing like it (well for me at least).....playing Volleyball once a week to get some exercise, get out of the house, get your aggressions out, beat your husbands team (oh wait, did I say that one out loud?).

My husband and I play Volleyball for a Rec Center that is a few towns over from ours. We have been playing in this league for about 5 years. The teams are randomly picked (well, that's what the people in charge say anyway) and change every 10 weeks from the fall into the early spring. At the end of 10 weeks, there is a tournament and which ever team wins, the people do not have to pay for the next session. So this is a great way to help get through the dark, cold winter days.

So, last night was week 5. My husband and I are on separate teams (only twice have we been on the same team). My team went 3-2 last night. Its not the best record we have had since week one, but we'll take it since we were short 2 players (oh, each team ranges from 5-6 people and my team currently has 6 people). But the only team I really want to beat is, well my husbands. And we did! Then I get the bragging rights for a week and vise versa when his team wins.

I know this may sound awful to some, but we are so competitive against each other. Its great to finally be able to beat him at something!

No comments: