Monday, February 16, 2009

The results are in......

As you may recall, I failed my 1-hour pregnancy glucose test on February one point. I was scheduled to take the next test last week. That test consisted of a 3-hour blood test routine.

I had to fast the night before for 12 hours. My appointment was scheduled to start at 7:45am, but I did arrive a little early. They took me right in, no problem. Blood was drawn before I drank the same flat orange soda sugar substance as before to see where by sugar levels start off with. I drank the sugar substance under the 5 minutes. I did notice it seemed a little sweater since it was first thing in the morning, but nothing really was different. Then I received a schedule of my next 3 blood tests.

I was asked to sit in a side room with hospital recliners and personal TV's. I thought that was really nice rather then sitting in the office's waiting room. So, I made myself comfy with music video's playing through my headphones, in a reclined position, reading my magazines.

The worst part was having the same arm stuck 4 times. I had the same vein used for 3 of the viles and then another was picked for the forth. My arm was a little sore after the test! But other then that, I survived the long test, but I felt a little blah afterwords. So, I played hookie from work for the rest of the day and went home and took a nice long nap.

A couple of days later, I was getting a little anxious about my results. So, I called my doctors office and left a message for the nurse to call me. I'd say withing 10 minutes the nurse called me back and told me I passed with no problem! She said I am healthy, passed with flying colors and to keep up the good work. Phew! That is such a relief.


Cherish said...

yay! Its such a relief, isnt it?

Brooke said...

Yay! Congratulations. You passed with flying colors! That is the one thing I have noticed about being pregnant...they are always eager and willing to take "one more" vile of blood regardless of the amount they have already taken.

The Sweet Family said...

Glad to hear everything is ok with you and baby boy.

Interesting tidbit: I failed my Glucose test while pregnant with my son. Took the 2nd test and passed with flying colors.

Take care, your almost there!!!

Melissa said...

I'm so glad to hear everything went well! Hope the rest is a breeze, here on in!!