Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Zoo

Last weekend we visited a zoo at a near by park. It was Drew's first time at a zoo (even though he's been to a local petting zoo before). As we strolled through the park to the zoo's gates, Drew had no idea what was in store for him. He got excited when a squirrel crossed our path and I told him, just wait buddy!


Once we got through the gates, I took him out of his stroller and he realized what we were looking at through the fence, he got so excited. At the moment he realized he was somewhere new and different it was a whole new world for him to discover.

Drew loved running from exhibit to exhibit to see what was next. I tried to keep him at each animal to at least make the animals sound, but once I started to explain about the animal, he was off to see what was down the line.

He had a wonderful time! I love to watch that wonderment and discovery in his eyes.

No comments: