Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Yummy, Yummy, Yummy in my Tummy, Tummy, Tummy!

Cereal and fruit are a popular item in my household now-a-days. Well, at least for Drew. He has caught on and really seems to enjoy eating like a big boy.

It wasn't easy in the beginning. At first he would refuse to eat what substance I tried to put in his mouth, since he had no idea what I was trying to do. I attempted many different combo's on how he would like his meal. I tried cereal, with some formula and fruit. I tried cereal, juice and fruit. I tried just cereal. I tried just fruit. None were winners. But he would nibble.

Then, it was time to try cereal and fruit at day care. I told his teacher what we were running into, he would try a couple of bites then refuse to open his mouth other then making him smile and try to feed him that way. His teacher tried cereal, juice and fruit but heated it up and BINGO! It was the combo I didn't even think of trying.

Now, we love eating off a spoon (even sometimes he trys to help guide the spoon into his mouth). We are having fun exploring what fruits he likes and dislikes.

He has discovered how to do raspberry's and he likes to do them while he's eating! That always makes feeding time fun. We have discovered a little tune he likes to hear while he eats and that is Yummy, Yummy, Yummy in my Tummy, Tummy, Tummy. He smiles, but there is no sneaking the food in anymore. Yeah!

No comments: