Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Just Breath

Yesterday, was the farthest I've been away from Drew. I was an hour and half away from him at one point. If anything happened to the little guy, I would have to drive back a long distance before I could be by his side. Its not like our usual day distance, when he's in day care he is 6 minutes away from me. When he's at my house with Grammie, he is 14 minutes away from me.

I had accompanied my FIL for a follow-up appointment in the Boston area yesterday. We make this trek often ever since his liver transplant almost 4 years ago.

So, Drew was left with Grammie at my house, no problem with that. It was just the thought of how much distance was between the little guy and me. I think I handled it well being my first time. When we arrived at the clinic and I did call to check on him, but I only did that once. I think it was because I was so focused on my FIL's appointment and I knew Drew was in good hands so I'm sure it helped ease the anxiety.

At the end of the day, my FIL had a great appointment, Drew survived being so far away from mommy (like he even knew) and I didn't speed (too much) to get home.

No comments: