Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Macy's Dept Store Tip

The other day while I was in The Big Apple, my mom & I discovered a tip while shopping in Macy's in Manhattan.

While we were ringing out our merchandise, the associate who was at the register was making conversation. When she found out we were from out-of-state, she had asked if we had our out-of-state customer coupon. Um, no I replied since I had no idea what she was talking about.

The women explained that if we make our way to the main floor (luckily we were on the 2nd floor of the store instead of the 8th floor) and go to the visitor center and show our ID, we will receive a 11% coupon for the store.

Well, me and mom asked her to hold our items and made a bee-line to the visitor center. And yes, it was just that simple, we showed our ID's and each received a coupon for 11% off our purchase, good for 5 days. So wonderful!

When we returned to the counter and it was our turn to check out again, a women in line mentioned that Bloomingdales has the same program. Fabulous! That will be our mission to find out if its true or not during our next visit!

So, I'm not sure if this is only in the Macy's store in NYC at Herold's Square, or if it occurs at the malls all over the country if you are from out-of-state. But, I wanted to pass along my new savings tip! Hey, everything helps!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks! This is an awesome tip! I was just there in October & NO ONE told me about the coupon when I was shopping...could have saved a little - I'll remember this for next time :)