Thursday, September 16, 2010

Bowling 101


I've bowled for fun in the past. So, I knew the basics going into this league we joined for Wednesday nights, but let me tell you, its also an education.

I'm learning how drinking and bowling doesn't mix (not me, just people on the other teams). I'm learning that my husband isn't the only person who hates to lose or not get all the pins down at once. I've learning that people think if they spend hundreds of dollars on bowling equipment, they think it will make them better (when its really the skills that make it all come together). I've learned that to some people, bowling isn't enough, they have to add other elements to the game.

What I've learned about myself, I have to drink tea before I play, it warms me up much better then waiting to warm up during the practice session. Its so cold in the bowling ally, I had to take it one step further. I'm using a borrowed ball and it works just fine. I'm there to have a good time and just concentrating on the actual bowling is enough for me.

Also, we did pretty good last night. We split the wins with the other team and over all had a great time.

No comments: