Friday, January 8, 2010

Fort Making: 101

Step 1: Find an object to hide under

Step 2: Try not to be seen

Step 3: Have an escape route

Step 4: Get caught while having fun


I was home yesterday with a sinus pressure headache and exhaustion. I very grateful it was my mother's day to come over and watch Drew since I didn't have to leave the house in the morning to bring him to daycare.
While I was laying on the couch in the early afternoon hours, Drew was in his crib attempting to take a nap. He was a little fussy since he was fighting the tired wave that was hitting him hard, but we wanted to see if he would actually fall asleep.
A short time after, my mom was in the kitchen and I was still on the couch when I heard silence coming from Drew's room and a weird sliding noise. I sprang from my spot and peeked in his room. I had to walk quickly out of his room with my mouth covered so I wouldn't laugh hysterically in his presence. I found my mom and told her she HAD to look in on Drew. She gave me with a puzzled look and then poked her head in the room. She could not believe her eyes and just stood there with her mouth open.
My darling little boy had pulled his changing table mat off of his changing table that is right next to his crib. He pulled the mat off by its buckle (that is used to secure the baby to the mat) that must have slipped from underneath earlier in the day. Usually, its hidden to avoid these situations.
But, it was too funny to watch him play with the mat just like it was a brand new toy. I just shook my head and thought to myself, oh boy are we in trouble!

No comments: