Friday, August 1, 2008

Heading North

This morning, Zack had a golf tournament. He has one every Friday throughout the summer at Brookside Par 3, 9 whole course. Its a cute set up they have there for the kids. Each group has 3 kids (and at least one adult to keep score) as they walk the course, but not specifically by age group. On the score card, the ages are noted and then later on it is determined who won in the age groups after all the score cards are collected.

Zack didn't want me to take pictures while he golfed, so I snagged some before he started. He didn't want me to interrupt him while he played (such the concentrated player).

Jeff walked around with him as I stayed back, snapped some photo's of the area and then went back to the car to read (yup, I finished my book today that I started at the beginning of the week with the airport read challenge, yeah).

Zack finished the course in an hour and half. He came in 3rd today. He had fun with his dad and the other kids he walked around with. That's all that matters.
After Zack played golf, we went out to one of Zack's favorite restaurants and that is when we met up with his mother (yeah for us). We had a civil lunch with her (even though I wanted to jump over the table and just show her how I really feel about her) and then it was time to say goodbye for the time being (remember, she has to drive him to MA for the second week of vacation, its all BS).
This evening we made it to the Beltsville MD area in decent time (since there is always traffic on the VA/MD border around the beltway). We stopped in the see grandpa for a quick visit for tonight to touch base and get things worked out for tomorrow (we had to find out what Jeff and I have in store for this weekend to help him out). Oh how we have our hands full for this weekend!
The hotel we are at now charges us for the Internet connection. So, I will tough base on Sunday after we return home before the second half of our vacation kicks off. Have a great weekend!

No comments: