Thursday, March 13, 2008

Vball Tournament Results

Go to fullsize imageBefore I get to the results, let me explain how tournament night plays out.

There are 6 teams. On a normal night, each team plays 5 games. Each team is made up of 5-6 players, depending on how many people sign-up. The 5 games are shuffled around each week, so games are not in the same order each week. Then the teams who win, circle their team number on the current nights schedule. This helps determine the ranking of each team.

On tournament night, your team record determines who plays who and when. If there is a tied record, those two teams play a normal game (who ever makes it to 15 points first, wins), then the tournament begins. The teams with the worst record play first and then the winners of those games work their up to the better standing teams. The teams play the best 2 out of 3 games, to 11 points.

So, the night went like this:
My team was ranked in first place
My husbands team, the purple team, was ranked in 6th place (last place)

My husbands team played the 5th place team. They won their games. While my team waited for all the other teams to play.

Then it was our turn to play my husbands. Honestly, I was surprised that his team made it as far as it did (shhhh, don't tell him I said that). We played and we beat them the first two games.

Then it was time. We matched up with the second ranked team. My team won the first game, no problem. The second game, we were ahead and then it just slipped away. The third game was tough. The score kept going back and forth with each team being ahead. It doesn't seem like a lot of points, but eleven is a long way to go when the points rack up so slow. We had volleys that lasted for minutes at a time. Each team wanted to win! But my team made it, we beat the green team. Phew! Que, the Queen song, we are the champions......we won!

So with this win, I don't have to pay the sign-up fee. Yup, a free round of volleyball for me and my husband had to pay!

No comments: